Bible study can be an oasis for women busy with work, family obligations, and household duties. However, since several excellent choices exist, it can be difficult to pick the one you want to read. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Believing God (Beth Moore). Moore has written over 15 Bible studies, each one deep and unique. This one teaches women how to believe God is who He says He is, that He can do what He promises, and more. Two weeks’ worth of study are dedicated to journaling your faith journey.
- Jonah (Priscilla Shirer). Jonah is a Biblical hero with bad publicity, best known for running from God. Yet his book holds many valuable lessons for women, as Shirer expertly explains.
- Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions (Lysa TerKeurst). Life sometimes gets rough, and complicated emotions are a result. This Bible study teaches women how to healthfully express and control their emotions so they can remain strong when life hits hard.
- Jeremiah: Daring to Hope in an Unstable World (Melissa Spoelstra). If anybody knew what it was like to live in an unstable world like ours, it was the prophet Jeremiah. Melissa Spoelstra takes women through six weeks of learning valuable lessons from his book, including the importance of heart change vs. behavioral modification.
- Bad Girls of the Bible (Liz Curtis Higgs). Liz Higgs is an award-winning fiction writer who brings her talents to Bible study. Through modernizations of familiar stories and deep applications of familiar Scriptures, she shows us what can be learned from the Bible’s most reviled and sometimes misunderstood women.