With the heightened awareness and public concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), as well as the ongoing seasonal flu virus and common cold, it’s important to be informed about how you and your loved ones can best protect yourselves. Here are some important things to be mindful of:
- Regular hand washing is the best defense! The CDC recommendations discourage food sharing, shaking hands, and avoiding large meetings.
- Remember to utilize hand sanitizer.
- Create habits and reminders to avoid face touching and cover coughs and sneezes.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning.
- Purchase additional cleaning supplies and wipe down frequently used areas before and after use.
- Consider rearranging large activities and gatherings.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have a sick family member in your home.
In many ways, this is a “once-in-a-century” moment for the world, but it is also a moment that was fully anticipated by Jesus. He will keep us, guide us, and use us for His glory in the midst of it all. As Christians, we are calling all Pastors, Christian Leaders, Ministers and Worshippers to remind the faithful, that as always, the antidote to fear is prayer.
Psalm 56:3 says, “When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.”
Let’s not let our fears stop us. Instead, let us make our fear point us in the direction that God wants us to go. Let’s fill the internet with our Praise and Worship!!!
The world is afraid, watching and yearning for something to comfort them when they feel scared, when they feel overwhelmed, when their loved ones are fighting to live. We have the answer. Jesus! Let’s help others push through their fears and trust in Jesus.
For more information and updates about COVID-19 visit CDC.gov.